A286 corrosion resistant steel per AMS5731 or AMS5734 (UNS S66286).HEAT TREAT:
After forming, nuts shall be precipitation heat treated to meet the hardness of Rc 37-45.FINISH:
Passivate per AMS-QQ-P-35 and dry film lubricant coat per AS1701, Type VI.PERFORMANCE:
Prior to applying the film lubricant. Nuts may be coated with copper or
Nickel plate .001 min. thickness. Dimensions apply before coating
AS4393, except as follows:
- Bake at 800°F +/-15°F in Lieu of 1200°F +/- 15°F for nuts tested after bake.
- Rc hardness as noted.
- Fluorescent penetrant inspection per ASTM E1417
- Unless otherwise specified:
- Break sharp edges .003 - .015
- Surface texture of 125 microinches.